Monday, May 17, 2010

Bragging about Josh

Today I'm not going to talk about Where Love Once Lived. I'm not even going to talk about writing at all. Today all I'm going to do is tell you about my grandson Joshua Frost.

When my kids were growing up, I took them to church most every Sunday. Once they were out on their own, they didn't continue to go. There was the excuse of being too busy. Sundays were the only day off, the only day to sleep in, etc. etc. I'm not sure how anyone can get by without a church family, but I usually keep my mouth shut and hope they'll find their way back to a church soon.

I was surprised, and thankful, when my grandson Josh announced he was going to Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS). He graduated from Texas Tech this past weekend and has taken a job with Teach For America in Dallas. The studies at DTS will be mostly online and he's not sure yet what he wants to do in the future. But the fact that he wants to take courses at DTS warms my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment